Information regarding this year’s Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers (ASSC) annual conference and exhibition to be held at Perth Concert Hall, Perth (Scotland) on Tuesday 7th November 2017 has now gone live and available for your consideration.
The ASSC is the only trade association working exclusively for self-catering in Scotland. The ASSC supports high and consistent standards in self-catering, and a first-class experience for visitors and guests. It is led, managed and inspired by the people who own and run holiday cottages throughout Scotland. Membership is around 650, representing approximately 3000 properties across Scotland.
Do you wish to engage with Scotland’s self-catering property owners? Do you have a product or service that you wish to promote to the self-catering community?
The ASSC Annual Conference and Exhibition is the only major event aimed directly at the people and businesses providing short-term let and holiday rental accommodation in Scotland. This year the event will focus on “Future-Proofing: Self-Catering”. Tomorrow’s world has become today’s reality. The pace of change in the tourism industry is quicker than ever before and it becomes more and more crucial to be responsive to that change. In an increasingly competitive marketplace, innovation and creativity are essential to self-catering and the future of tourism in Scotland. Every legislative, technological or consumer-led change brings new challenges as well as opportunities for you and your business. Our topic specific speakers will share fresh and ambitious views on how you can future-proof your business. We are not looking at today - we are looking at tomorrow. This year’s conference will be held, for the first time, at Perth Concert Hall. We anticipate around 250 attendees (business owners, property managers, key industry decision makers as well as providers of sector-specific products and services) with 30 exhibitors attending this year and the event is the perfect opportunity for you to attend to engage not only with delegates and suppliers to the industry but to hear first-hand from the many stimulating speakers about what is happening within the self-catering industry and what developments are proposed for the future. I would like to give you an opportunity to consider your attendance at the event by way of exhibiting, sponsoring, promoting your business and/or attending on the day. We feel this event would be the perfect match for your organisation – it will inspire, motivate and educate!
The Conference will once again be hosted by Willie Cameron, Director of Visit Loch Ness, Director of Highlands & Islands Tourism Awards and Founding Director of the Cobbs Group. We are delighted to confirm that the Provost of Perth & Kinross will welcome delegates, Dr Alasdair Allan MSP, Minister for International Development and Europe, The Scottish Parliament, and Malcolm Roughead, Chief Executive of VisitScotland, will deliver keynote speeches. A series of short interactive presentations by industry experts will give you up-to-date information on a number of key issues including Inheritance Tax and Business Property Relief (how you can develop a strategy to move your self-catering property from a Furnished Holiday Let to something of a trade in order to benefit from the Business Property Relief scheme); Cyber Security (with the Scottish Government explaining how to stay safe online) and Cumberland Business will guide you through how you can finance and expand your holiday let business. There will be a session on the Impact of the Self-Catering Sector on the Scottish Economy including sharing information about the recent ASSC economic impact study and discussing how the collaborative economy fits in to the traditional self-catering sector in ever changing times. The final session - A 7 Step Formula to Propel Your Profits - To Get You Earning More From Your Holiday Home will offer advice on how owners can release the potential in themselves and their property, boosting profits and confidence as a result, while staying guest focussed and passionate about the service they provide.
The “Sponsorship Opportunities” document attached gives you details about how to exhibit, sponsor or advertise at the event and I outline these opportunities below for ease -
EXHIBITING - the cost and benefits of exhibiting are outlined below:
Exhibitor Stands @ £395 + VAT per 5’ table/space OR £700 + VAT per 10’ table/space
A limited number of exhibition spaces will be located immediately adjacent to the main conference room. Exhibition viewing will be available during the registration period; morning, lunch and afternoon refreshment breaks (with exhibition dismantle at the close of the conference). Exhibitors will be able to attend the event and participate in the conference discussions. Exhibitors will receive:
• A dedicated exhibition area including 1 x covered 5’ or 10’ table or space and two chairs
• Electrical power outlet
• Complimentary Wi-Fi connection
Exhibitors are entitled to:
• Maximum of 1 x staff admittance (5’ table), 2 x staff admittance (10’ table) to the event/exhibition including the conference session, refreshments and lunch
Additional staff are welcome to attend at a charge of £70 + VAT per person
• 50 word entry, contact details and company logo included in the event guide
An extended entry of up to 100 words can be obtained for an additional £65 + VAT
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES include:
• Leaflet Distribution @ £80 + VAT: supply copies of their own leaflets/advertising materials/business cards (circa 250 copies TBC) to be distributed to all attendees at the conference
• Pre-Event Mailing Distribution @ £80 + VAT: supply leaflets/advertising materials/business cards which will be distributed by email to all ASSC members in September 2017. This is a wider distribution and will target all ASSC members, circa 650, and not only those attending the conference. A PDF formatted document will be required to be received no later than Friday 29th September 2017.
• Key Sponsor @ £2000 + VAT
• Drinks Reception Sponsor @ £2000 + VAT
• Session Sponsor @ £1500 + VAT
• Sponsor @ £750 + VAT
• Name Badges @ £750 + VAT
• Delegate Pads @ £500 + VAT and Supply of product
• Delegate Pens @ £500 + VAT and Supply of product
TO ATTEND AS A DELEGATE – please register on line at http://www.assc.co.uk/conference/. Early booking discounts applicable until 31st August – see booking form attached for delegate attendance prices.
Other ways of getting involved with ASSC members?
• To reap year longer benefits from ASSC, why not consider joining as a trade supplier? As a recommended trade supplier, a company benefits from being endorsed by the official self-catering trade association. With exposure to over 600 ASSC members, a supplier’s details will be listed in the exclusive Member’s area of the website, benefit from marketing via newsletters and social media and opportunities to sponsor the conference and increase exposure. Trade suppliers will also receive regular updates on industry news. Further information can be found at http://www.assc.co.uk/join-us/.
• Become a “Partner for Business” - a scheme which ASSC offers to reputable businesses and aims to secure a collaborative relationship with the ASSC, making sure that partners get the most out of their membership and in turn contribute to the work of the ASSC and the support of its members. It offers your business the opportunity to engage directly with the members of the ASSC, increasing brand awareness and positioning your organisation at the forefront of the self-catering audience. In return for your support, ASSC will guarantee your organisation increased advertising exposure and the endorsement by the only trade association working exclusively for self-catering in Scotland. If this is of interest to you please let me know and I will email you that information. The benefits of PFB includes a wide range of benefits including conference exhibitor attendance.
Please visit the website www.assc.co.uk/conference for further information on this year’s event.