The Scottish Tourism Alliance (STA) now in its 5th year is the acknowledged representative voice for tourism industry in Scotland and has under its umbrella of membership circa 75% of the 20K + tourism business, requires a Membership and Events Administrator (MEA) to take up the reins from the current incumbent who is moving on to further her academic career.
In addition to having the majority of core tourism business and sector organisations as direct or indirect members, other stakeholders include international “Blue Chip” companies such as Microsoft, Royal Bank of Scotland, Diageo, Local Authorities, insurance companies, legal firms and education establishments, so very broad church of membership! The STA voice of influence with the politicians has grown significantly over the past year and that has continued to attract a diverse member base. There are those who have had to take the decision to resign their membership who need to be looked after too and kept engaged in a non-member capacity.
The STA also delivers for industry two national conferences, which over the past 5 years have built a reputation of being the “Must Attend” industry events. So a strong focus is required by all the team to ensure they are both communicated and delivered to the highest standard. The Signature Conference is beginning March and the Autumn Conference /AGM in October.
The role of the MEA is integral to ensuring that the relationship with the membership remains strong and that the process of retention and renewal are effective and efficient. Having a dual report to the Business Support Manager and the Business Development Manager, the MEA also liaises with and supports the communications team in helping keep the information on website up to date as well as helping share industry news via the STA social media channels.
The Primary Day to Day tasks for the MEA will include the following:
• Dealing with and responding to new membership enquires, administering the enrolment, renewal and retention process of STA members
• Assisting with the co-ordination and planning of STA events
• Assisting with business development- membership offers and analysis etc.
• Responding to general member telephone and email enquires
• Organising and taking minutes at the Marine Group Meetings and occasional other STA meetings
• Assisting the communications team by updating the website with news stories, minutes, offers and events etc.
• Other ad-hoc requests
The following Skills and Behaviours are required:
• Attention to detail
• Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Confident use of social media
• Excellent Communication skills
• Good telephone manner
• Able to work on own initiative as at times you may be alone in the office
• Be an active Team Player!
Knowledge of Scotland’s Tourism industry and previous work experience with a membership organisation would both be desirable.
Hours of work –Remuneration - Location
• Hours of work: 30 hrs per week, flexible across 8am-5.30pm Monday – Friday
• Salary: £20,000 pro rata (= £15k)
• Work Location; Old Town Jail, Stirling (FREE PARKING AVIALABLE)
• Holiday entitlement 34 days per annum (includes 9 days Public Holidays) pro rata = 27 days.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are requested in the first instance to email a covering letter stating why they believe they would be right for this position along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 23rd June with interviews taking place week commencing 24th July. The commencement date of this post is anytime from 1st August 2017.