A new plan to boost food and drink tourism in Scotland will aim to deliver an additional £1 billion to Scotland’s economy by 2030.
The industry-led Food Tourism Scotland Action Plan, sets out a range of actions to maximise the potential of two of Scotland’s most successful sectors - tourism and food and drink.
Visitors to Scotland already spend around £1 billion a year on food and drink and the action plan aims to unlock the growth potential and secure an extra £1 billion spend on local food and drink.
Measures in the plan include:
• The creation of a food tourism apprenticeship programme
• Supporting the top 100 visitor attractions achieve ‘Taste Our Best’, our quality assurance accreditation scheme promoting local sourcing
• Improved marketing for food and drink tourism
• Creating the next generation of agri-tourism monitor farms to stimulate diversification
• A further programme of Showcasing Scotland events – bringing regional buyers and suppliers together
View online version below